Tuesday 22 March 2011

Signing Up...


There it sat...on my desk at work: my season ticket renewal form looking at me with that pitiful and hapless expression. Charlton want my money again to build towards a better future...

375 sheets of my hard earned cash for what? Nothing other than continued disappointment and a gut-wrenching pain that just doesn't seem to go away.

But wait...my seat offers a fantastic view of the pitch, overlooking the half-way line. Perhaps I should be grateful that I get a better view than most of the shite on offer.

Of course, it was never in question. I renewed: signed in for another year.

£375 lighter...heart getting heavier...patience running thinner...hope fading fast.

Sort it out, Chrissy. Sort it out.

1 comment:

  1. 375 pounds sterling would typically get you an Economy seat return LON-NYC on BA, a total of around 16 hours.

    This is compared to 48 hours on a seat at Charlton (based on 2 hours a game and 24 games a season)

    What is more painful?

    Capt. Meredith Douthwaite (former BA pilot)

    ReplyDelete