Saturday 16 April 2011

Mild Acts Of Terrorism

Thankfully for me, the otherwise substantial blow of facing up to Charlton's descent into mid-table mediocrity and the highly regrettable premature end to the season has been lessened quite dramatically by an exceptionally busy working month and a short family holiday. I've had plenty of distractions, next to no time to catch up with the doom and gloom on-line and even less time to offer my opinion on the subject.

With this disastrous season well and truly dead, I'm definitely ready for that short period of time through the summer when football can no longer torment my mind state with hopes and dreams that forever seem a million miles away. I have always felt that fans need the close-season break as much as the players.

Not that there was ever a question of me not attending today's game. Saturday's are for football.

What a shame that on such a bright and sunny Saturday it won't be Charlton fans bursting with promotion fever at the Valley today. It will be hard to sit and watch the game with the away fans in the Jimmy Seed so full of hope. Knowing Charlton, we'll end up putting on a performance - now it doesn't matter - that will serve only to rub salt in the deep wounds. Jealous? You bet. Hideously jealous of any team who stands a chance of escaping this third tier hell-hole.

Ahead of today's game, I took the opportunity to drive into London to catch up on some work bits following a short family break in the beautiful surroundings of the Cotswolds. London in the sunshine is always a pleasure.

As the city readies itself for the London Marathon tomorrow, I laughed child-like to myself when I mischievously threw a banana skin out of my window on to the route the runners will take in tomorrow's Marathon. I'm not sure it's actually technically possible to slip on a banana skin (unless you are a cartoon character) but the thought seemed to humour me! Actually, I'm now getting paranoid that it may be considered a very mild act of terrorism!!!

With time to kill I'm going to smooch around the shops on the peninsula until kick-off.

I hate shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment