Friday 27 April 2012

Home & Away...

Al Gordon, from the excellent God, Charlton & Punk Rock has posted a couple of features recently about the League of Blogs from The Football Attic, who, in their own words "thought it would be a cracking idea to create an e-wallchart (tipping our hat specifically in the direction of those previously sold by Subbuteo) featuring team strips created specifically to represent football blogsites".

Al has his designs noted at numbers 7 & 8 on the chart with fellow Addick, Charlton Casual, also letting go of his creative side with a couple of kits at numbers 75 & 76. I've jumped on the bandwagon rather late...but my home & away kits have now been include at numbers 82 and 83, which I'm pretty chuffed about. Cheers Al; I had great fun with the kids colouring pencils!


My home strip (above) has been styled in part on a good, honest British real ale (fruity, amber body with a good quality head). The yellow represents a tasty cheeseboard to accompany said pint. I've gone for the more traditional collar to signify many hundreds of years of British brewing. You will note the homage to the Addicks in the club badge. I've given my man the number 3 jersey as that's the number I played in and I'm obsessive about it's magical qualities (you may have noticed)


My away kit (above) is a rather tenuous reference to my alter ego, Hungry Ted, and has been styled on a hot dog! Simple as that! The red and yellow vertical bands are tomato sauce and mustard, by the way. The red and white bands on the socks and base of the sleeves are homage to Charlton Athletic.

I was rather handy at Subbuteo when I was a lad, so I'd be pleased to go in to battle with a team wearing either of these dandy-looking kits, and furthermore, I'd win.

The wall chart can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment