Monday 16 April 2012

Three & Easy...

Chris Powell - Charlton Legend

Back in January 2011 I wrote this post about Chris Powell's third arrival at Charlton, this time to manage the team. In it, I tried to link my own personal favourite number with my all-time favourite Addick. I'm proud of that post and it's in the top 5 of my 'most read' since I started writing this blog...er...at number 3, to be exact!

It would appear the magical number 3 has struck again, with Charlton winning promotion at Brunton Park, home of Carlisle United, for the third time. A quite amazing coincidence if you was to analyse the odds of that happening, which, as I'm not clever enough, I won't do (over to you, New York Addick). Some Addicks said it was destiny that the fixture list threw up this lengthy away game at this stage of the season.

1981, 1986 and now in 2012 all saw Charlton secure promotion in this most northern of footballing towns. As someone joked on Twitter on Saturday, we've won promotion at Brunton Park more times than Carlisle have.  

Charlton have 3 games left to win the league title, and I won't be betting against it!  

1 comment: