Tuesday 25 February 2014

Dare To Dream...

Well this all feels rather odd, doesn't it? Charlton are still in the greatest domestic cup competition on this planet and it is edging rapidly towards March. This doesn't happen to us. This is not very 'Charlton'. A winnable quarter-final trip to Sheffield United now stands between us and a trip to Wembley Stadium and for the first time since 2006 Charlton have a decent shot at the semi-final of the FA Cup. How good does that sound?

A busy work schedule meant as much as I'd have loved to have been at Hillsborough last night it was not going to happen for me so I watched the victory nervously on a surprisingly steady internet feed from Fox Soccer Plus and it felt like I had got one over our dreaded TV curse by doing so. When this game was due to be played a week or so back we'd have taken close to 2,000 fans but those committed souls who made the journey to South Yorkshire last night for the rearranged tie well and truly made up for those that couldn't. The volume from the away end came through perfectly.

Out on the pitch Charlton put in a determined and professional performance full of real heart. That is all we can ask for. I hope Mr. Duchatelet realises where this drive and passion originates from and rewards the inspiration for performances like that with a new contract. Powell epitomises the real Charlton spirit and his desire is infectious. At the end of the game he swung like a child off the crossbar, grinning from ear to ear, to the delight of the travelling Addicks. There is something about the FA Cup that brings out the kid in you.

How I'd love to see that man stood in a handsome suit on the touchline at Wembley.

With those Charlton players I rest my hopes and dreams and today I'm another step closer. Dare to dream? Well you won't stop me from doing so...

No comments:

Post a Comment