Monday 3 March 2014

Sold Out...

So, despite receiving an almighty kick in the nuts from the FA and BT Sport with a truly awful KO time, and with not a single train running into Sheffield from London on the morning of the game, Charlton sold out their 5,298 allocation within a few hours of going on general sale this morning. Awesome effort. Once again Charlton fans overcome adversity!

I've laughed in the face of the travel nightmare by booking a room in Sheffield on the Saturday night, meaning I can drive up in more relaxed fashion, enjoy a few beers in good company and be up and fresh for the game (after a good, honest fry-up, no doubt). It will be an expensive weekend once done, but these opportunities won't come around very often. Like a kid before Christmas, I can't wait.

Back home my boy will be round my mums; the pair of them will watch the game together, clad in Charlton colours...

Obviously those fortunate enough to get a ticket will be wishing the days away this week, but spare a thought for those that couldn't grab a ticket in time. Inevitably there will be great disappointment amongst a good number of Addicks. I picked up on a few comments from 'regular' away fans over the weekend who were already looking down their noses at the 'glory supporters'. I can understand that in part so I won't be too critical, but I do think it's a shame. Not everyone is fortunate enough (dependant on how you look at it) to watch Charlton regularly on the road. Speaking personally, this will be only my 4th away trip of this season, but I feel absolutely no guilt. I would dearly love to do more away days but a mixture of family and work, let alone finances, restrict it to around a half a dozen a season. I'm not complaining about that; I've missed less than a dozen games in nearly 2 decades at the Valley, so I believe I have every right to take my place at Bramall Lane.

A very tough game awaits. Chris Powell's battle-weary charges will need to be on top form. One thing's for certain, they will have a very partisan 12th man behind them all the way. Come on you Addicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment