Tuesday 23 December 2014

Seasons Greetings!


There's a highly-valued tradition in Hungry Ted Towers that dictates that every single Christmas Day morning since my wife and I first began living together I put on the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation first thing. It continued when the kids came along and forms the backdrop to the opening of presents and has become the soundtrack to countless years of family videos. I love that film. It has become synonymous with Christmas, for me.

In many ways, I'm just like Clark Griswold but without the big house. He is a dreamer and so am I.

Eddie: "You surprised to see us, Clark?"
Clark: "Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now"

Never fails to make me laugh!

The kids and 'er Indoors don't love it as much as I do. In fact, every year they moan about it. There's no fight to be had because, like I said, it's tradition. Tradition is important to me. They have to put up with it. They can get their own traditions if they want.

There's no particular reason I'm telling you all this, by the way. There's no clever link to Charlton. I'm just on a train trundling into London and bored of the landscape outside.

But whilst I'm on the subject of Christmas, many thanks to anyone who has dropped by this blog throughout 2014 and especially those who've taken the time to comment. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Let's hope 2015 is a good year for the Addickted.

See you at the Valley on Boxing Day. 3 points would make a good Christmas gift for me! Ah, there's another tradition I love, football on Boxing Day! And everyone's a winner as the missus and the kids can watch what they want whilst I'm at the football...

No comments:

Post a Comment